Thursday, March 20, 2014

This Day in Rock History: March 20th

Let me explain since this is the first post. THIS DAY IN ROCK HISTORY is a daily post on this blog where I list significant events in rock history that happened on each day. It's like the THIS DAY IN HISTORY section in your local newspaper, except for the historical events I'm posting are about classic rock. You feel me? Cool. Since there are too many events to list, I am going to pick 5 events each day that stand out to me. Since I'm still in school and have a part-time job, they will most-likely be posted at different times each day. I also have to give credit to This Day In Rock, which is where I'm getting the significant events. You can check them out by clicking here.



THIS DAY IN ROCK: MARCH 20th

March 20, 1968- Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Richie Furay, and Jim Messina are arrested in Los Angeles. They were charged with "being in a place where it is suspected marijuana is being used." Clapton was found innocent, while Young, Furay, and Messina had to pay a small fine.

March 20, 1965- The Rolling Stones single "The Last Time" reaches #1 in the British Isles.

March 20, 1960- Elvis Presley records his first session since leaving the U.S. Army. The result of those sessions was Mess of Blues

March 20, 1982- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts I Love Rock N' Roll tops the charts.

March 20, 1971- Yes releases the Yes album in the U.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment