Monday, March 24, 2014

Why Nirvana doesn't belong in the Rock and Roll HOF

Before I dive into this, I would like to say that I have conflict with Nirvana as it is, but I will try to keep this factual. If you are over 30, chances are you remember Nirvana's hit album Nevermind. I don't really like this album because grunge music is not my genre. From what I have noticed, Nevermind seems like the only album Nirvana is remembered for. Yes, every band has that one album they are remembered for. Pink Floyd has The Wall, Guns N' Roses has Appetite For Destruction, AC/DC has Back in Black, you get the idea. But Nirvana has that one album and that's about it. To be even more specific, it seems like they only have one song they are remembered for (Smells Like Teen Spirit). That one album topped the charts on the strength of that one song. I'll give them credit where credit is due, but I don't think that one album is good enough to get you inducted into the Rock Hall. 

When I started this blog, I specifically said: If you are here for 90s grunge, alternative rock, or death metal, then this blog is not for you. The Rock Hall is supposed to honor the best of the best, and Nirvana doesn't fit that description. They were only around for a few years before Kurt Cobain committed suicide. I'm not trying to be a hater, I just don't think that one album is good enough to get you into the Rock Hall. 

ALSO- Later today I will be posting a list of bands and each album that they are remembered for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment